I've been slackin on my entries due to some visitors from the East and South last weekend. They’re part of the original SF crew. Colley, who now lives in DC, flew in last Wed night and our friends Janelle and Dave drove up from Newport Beach on Thursday night. It was a week/weekend filled with constant activity. I think I’m still recovering. We started it off at Columbus Café for 2 for 1 happy hour. Happy Hour somehow ended up lasting 8 hours which ended at the Bus Stop. Unfortunately, I had to work on Friday and everyone else got to sleep in. Friday night was round two at the bus stop before heading to Bourbon and Branch where we missed our reservation for drinks at this speakeasy. Instead, we headed to Marcy, Stuart and Lily's favorite restaurant, Slanted Door. Janelle and Dave used to be regulars when they lived here so quite a few plates were given to us for free by the owner. We were also celebrating Janelle’s belated birthday. The company, food and celebration put Dave in such a good mood that he insisted on paying for the whole dinner! I'm sure he was kicking himself the next morning.
The next day, the four of us headed to Sonoma for a relaxing day of wine tasting. We were back in the city in time for our dinner reservation at my new favorite neighborhood restaurant, Umami. Sunday, Janelle and Dave headed back to the OC and Colley and I enjoyed some pool time at a multi millionaires house out in Atherton, CA. Our friend Kate was house-sitting. As our friend Patrick put it "This is why I'm a communist, distribute this stuff". The property included a pool, pool house, rock garden, horse stables, rose garden, statues, waterfalls and a vineyard. Ridiculous. I was sure we would find a pool boy roaming the property but the place was so big we never found him. Sunday night I was in bed by 9:30. Colley came to visit me at work on Monday and so I thought it was my duty to leave work early to keep her company J I tried to be stealth but it just so happens the elevators broke in our building and my cover was broken as we waited in the lobby for 15 minutes to leave the building. Colley and I became impatient so decided to take the stairs ... 23 flights down. I was sweating in my heels by the time we reached the bottom floor where we proceeded to leave the building and set off the alarm. This put everyone in a tizzy but at this point I couldn't have cared less. It was their fault for imprisoning us on the 23rd floor. Sadly, Colley left Monday night on a red eye but I'm sure she'll be back for another visit sometime soon!
This past week has been pretty uneventful. Joanna and I went to see Wilco play at the Greek Theater last night. Oh, the weekend of the 11th, Joanna and I went to go see Ozomatlli at the Greek Theater and ended up seeing something we shouldn’t have. We knew her CEO was going to be at the concert ... and as I was waiting for Joanna to go to the bathroom I was standing behind the back row of seats where I spotted her CEO with a woman. When all of the sudden they started to make out and dirty dance. I couldn't wait for Joanna's return. When she came back, I said "Jo, isn't that your CEO?" and she replied "YES! And that's my coworker!”. Now Joanna didn't realize at the time that they had been making out and was about to go say hello when I vetoed that idea. Instead, we left the concert and Joanna texted the girl and said "Um, are you making out with our CEO?" Scandalous. Needless to say, Joanna had some awkward 1:1's on Monday with the CEO and the coworker. Apparently it was a one time thing ... uh huh.
Update on the brows: 2 of my coworkers are now able to speak to me without laughing and another coworker has forever nicknamed me BERT. I've actually started to receive compliments. The color has faded a bit and they actually look ok. Question is ... will I dye them again once it fades completely? Until next week, I'll leave you with that question to ponder. Enjoy the Pics!
The next day, the four of us headed to Sonoma for a relaxing day of wine tasting. We were back in the city in time for our dinner reservation at my new favorite neighborhood restaurant, Umami. Sunday, Janelle and Dave headed back to the OC and Colley and I enjoyed some pool time at a multi millionaires house out in Atherton, CA. Our friend Kate was house-sitting. As our friend Patrick put it "This is why I'm a communist, distribute this stuff". The property included a pool, pool house, rock garden, horse stables, rose garden, statues, waterfalls and a vineyard. Ridiculous. I was sure we would find a pool boy roaming the property but the place was so big we never found him. Sunday night I was in bed by 9:30. Colley came to visit me at work on Monday and so I thought it was my duty to leave work early to keep her company J I tried to be stealth but it just so happens the elevators broke in our building and my cover was broken as we waited in the lobby for 15 minutes to leave the building. Colley and I became impatient so decided to take the stairs ... 23 flights down. I was sweating in my heels by the time we reached the bottom floor where we proceeded to leave the building and set off the alarm. This put everyone in a tizzy but at this point I couldn't have cared less. It was their fault for imprisoning us on the 23rd floor. Sadly, Colley left Monday night on a red eye but I'm sure she'll be back for another visit sometime soon!
This past week has been pretty uneventful. Joanna and I went to see Wilco play at the Greek Theater last night. Oh, the weekend of the 11th, Joanna and I went to go see Ozomatlli at the Greek Theater and ended up seeing something we shouldn’t have. We knew her CEO was going to be at the concert ... and as I was waiting for Joanna to go to the bathroom I was standing behind the back row of seats where I spotted her CEO with a woman. When all of the sudden they started to make out and dirty dance. I couldn't wait for Joanna's return. When she came back, I said "Jo, isn't that your CEO?" and she replied "YES! And that's my coworker!”. Now Joanna didn't realize at the time that they had been making out and was about to go say hello when I vetoed that idea. Instead, we left the concert and Joanna texted the girl and said "Um, are you making out with our CEO?" Scandalous. Needless to say, Joanna had some awkward 1:1's on Monday with the CEO and the coworker. Apparently it was a one time thing ... uh huh.
Update on the brows: 2 of my coworkers are now able to speak to me without laughing and another coworker has forever nicknamed me BERT. I've actually started to receive compliments. The color has faded a bit and they actually look ok. Question is ... will I dye them again once it fades completely? Until next week, I'll leave you with that question to ponder. Enjoy the Pics!
Me, Dave, Janelle and Colley
I had to include this picture. I swear, sometimes I feel like I'm being taped at work for an "office" episode. Our manager drew this thermometer and taped it up on the wall in front of my desk to help motivate our team to make our quarterly numbers ... hmmmmmm.
1 comment:
Fun blog! Lots of info. When do we fly into Co? Wed, Thurs? Let me know. Love, MOM
Post a Comment